Beach & sea
Guarded bathing and swimming areas
Bathing and swimming allowed.
Bathing and swimming dangerous: do not take inflatable/floating objects into the water!
Bathing and swimming prohibited.
Bathing and swimming is only allowed in the guarded areas along the beach. Lifeguard services are on the lookout every weekend from June 1st till June 15th and every day from June 16th till August 31st, from 10.30 am till 6.30 pm.
Please mind the following warnings:
- Only bathe and swim in guarded areas, NEVER in unguarded areas.
- NEVER let children bathe or swim unsupervised.
- In case of severe surf, never go further into the water than up to the hips.
- In case of wind blowing off-land or yellow flag, never go further into the water than up to the waist and NEVER use inflatable mattresses etc.
- ALWAYS FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE LIFEGUARDS!
First Aid posts
DE HAAN - CENTRE: 059 23 39 00
VOSSESLAG: 059 23 67 30
WENDUINE: 050 41 23 96
Thierry Van Rijswijck - 050 41 46 43 - 0473 23 01 05
Using the free orientation bracelets (available at lifeguard posts, first aid posts and the tourist office), a child that is lost will be right back where it came from. The bracelets provide space to write the name of the little beach visitor and the mobile number of the parent by using a simple pen.
A beach accessible to everyone
In July and August, disabled people can freely get a special beach wheelchair in the first aid posts on the beaches of De Haan, Wenduine and Vosseslag.